Every meeting is a potluck and everyone brings a dish. (Great variety at our Pot Luck)
RECIPE: Caffe Crema
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream (plus 1/2 cup for whipped cream)
1/2 cup strong coffee or Espresso
1/2 cup sugar (plus 2 Tbls for whipped cream)
4 1/2 Tbls. Corn Starch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbls. Cinnamon
1) In a saucepan, whisk together the milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup coffee/espresso, 1/2 cup sugar, the corn starch, salt and vanilla extract, until all is blended well.
2) Heat the saucepan of liquid pudding over med/high and bring to a boil, stirring often.
3) Stir and boil until thickened (about 2-3 minutes)
4) Pour the thickened pudding into a large metal bowl or pitcher and place it over ice to gradually bring the pudding to room temperature. Stir often.
5) Pour into chosen containers and place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream that has been whisked with sugar and cinnamon. Garnish with more cinnamon sugar (if desired).
For tons of yum-i-licious foods and recipes, check out some of our talented Food Bloggers from Los Angeles:
In Erika's Kitchen
Presley's Pantry (Chipotle Macaroni Salad pictured above)
Kitchen Runway (Zucchini Bread pictured above)
A Beach HomeCompanion
Cook and be Merry