Buttermilk BarkRECIPE: Buttermilk Bark (adapted recipe)
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 1/2 - 2 cups Sugar (300g)
1 tsp. honey (they called for corn syrup, but honey tastes better)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbls. Butter
pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts (toasted is even better)
1) Place a silpat on a baking sheet (or line an 8x8 inch pan w/parchment and spray the paper)
2) In a large saucepan, add buttermilk, sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, and baking soda. Heat on med. to boiling.
3) Cook, stirring, until thick and soft-ball stage (about 235F - takes about 10-15 minutes)
4) Remove from heat, cool for a few minutes, then stir in walnuts and whip briskly for a few moments.
5) Pour onto the silpat (or into the pan) and spread out evenly. Let cool, then break into pieces.