My teen son named these "Pumpkin Pie Cookies" because they taste just like a slice of Pumpkin Pie (without the pastry.) They're spongy and light, just like the custard filling in a creamy Pumpkin Pie. They couldn't be easier to make and they pair really well with a cup of hot tea, cocoa or (for the adults) a quick shot of cozy brandy. This recipe uses only 4 ingredients: Pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with salt.
They're naturally gluten free and packed with the vitamins of pure pumpkin and cage free eggs.
Feel free to try other spice blends with them, too. I loved them with a sprinkle of Garam Masala. Because they're so light and small, they make easy "pop-in-your-mouth" Pumpkin Whoopie pies using Cinnamon Cream Cheese filling for the middle. It's like a slice of pumpkin pie, without the need of a pie shell, and in a take-along shape. They may remind you of my Easiest Nutella Cookies - 2 ingredients (here.)
I hope you enjoy baking and eating these Pumpkin Pie Cookies. Thanks for stopping by.
Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Cookies - 4 Ingredients
3/4 cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice and a Dash of Salt
(or make your own spice blend of 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves and a dash of salt)
1) Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together rapidly for about a minute to fully incorporate the eggs and pumpkin blend.
2) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a silpat (or parchment paper) covered baking sheet.
3) Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 13-15 minutes. Turn the pan about half-way through the baking time for even heating. Let cool on the pan and remove with a spatula.
**Optional - garnish with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar icing.
Recipe: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
3 oz. Cream Cheese (soft)
1-2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, cinnamon and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
2) Add more powdered sugar as needed for taste and spreading.