You will not believe how many different ideas you will see and can click over to from this one place. Be sure to take a look, and if you want to join us next time, just let me know (or look for our info on twitter under #LetsLunch)
RECIPE: Nutella Hand Pies (makes 12 -24 depending on size)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
pinch of salt
6 oz. butter (keep in freezer for minimum 20 minutes)
1 egg (for an egg-wash before baking)
Nutella (1-2 Tbls. per hand pie)
1) In a small bowl, beat buttermilk, sour cream and sugar together.
2) In another bowl, sift in flour and salt, then grate butter into the flour and toss to coat and separate.
3) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients lightly (using a fork), just until they clump together.
4) Empty onto a lightly floured board and pull ingredients into a ball and mash together once or twice just until it holds. (You should see the streaks of butter in the dough which means it will be nice and flaky.)5) Make two balls, wrap them in plastic wrap, press them down into a nice square about 4x4 and chill for 20-30 minutes (or overnight).
6) Remove one chilled dough at a time and roll out into a rectangle shape about 8x8. Fold into thirds like a letter, wrap in plastic and return to refrigerator to chill again for 20- 30 minutes.
7) Remove one chilled dough at a time to work with it. Roll it out thin, cut into circles. You can use any scraps left over to re-roll, but try to stack the pieces on top of each other to roll out to protect the buttery layers. Try to not over-work.
8) Brush a little water on the outsides rims of the circles, drop a dollop of Nutella in each one and fold over to seal. Press the edges closed with the tines of a fork.9) Once sealed, place on a parchment lined baking sheet, prick with the fork and brush with beaten egg. You can freeze them at this point (once they are frozen, bag them and bake later), or bake them in a preheated 350F oven for about 15-20 minutes depending on size. I hope you enjoy these. Everyone in my house loves them.
Don't forget to go over and look at all these great PIE ideas for today's Let's Lunch!
A Tiger In The Kitchen Japanese Curry Pot Pie
Zest Bakery - Lime-Custard & Curd Pie
Free Range Cookies - Dirt Pie with Compost Cookie Crust
Monday Morning Cooking Club - Pilaf Pie with Chicken, Sultanas & Sweet Spices
Chez Us -Summer Chicken Pot Pie
GrongarBlog - Spanakopita and Rhubarb Crisp
Hot Curries & Cold Beer - Pecan Pie with a twist
Beyond The Plate - Flaky Homemade Puff Pastry covered Chicken Pot Pie
Kitchen Dreamer - Chinese Sausage and Roasted Sweet Potato Hand Pies