Almond Nut Milk
(see directions for Granita here)
1 cup raw organic almonds
3 cups filtered water (heated)
1/2 Vanilla Bean
**Optional: cocoa, lavender, honey, banana, caramel sauce, sweetener.
1) Soak the almonds in filtered water for at least 8-12 hours or overnight. Rinse and drain.
2) In a food processor, add the almonds and pulse til ground, but not into Nut Butter.
3) Split and scrape the vanilla out of the 1/2 vanilla bean (or a tsp vanilla paste) and add to the almonds, along with the heated water.
4) Puree together - taste and check along the way to please your own palate.
5) Strain the Nut Milk through double thickness of cheese cloth or through a Jelly bag. 6) Keep in a clean bottle in the refrigerator for drinking, baking (or my fav: adding chocolate, a banana & a tsp. honey and frothing it into a smoothie, Mmmm)
Join us for the next "Lets Lunch" by typing #letslunch into Twitter or leaving a comment here for me to contact you. We'd love to get to know you, and post together. Sending you sincere wishes for health and happiness and "Nut Milk" giggles.
See all of these fun and thoughtful posts for Lets Lunch:
Peanut Butter-Espresso Smoothie - Cooking in The Fruit Bowl
Miso Bacon Corn Chowder - A Tiger In The Kitchen
Cucumber-Avocado Gazpacho - Cowgirl Chef
Spring Greens Soup with Homemade Baguette - Caitlin Shetterly
Spring Pea & Mint Soup - Hot Curries & Cold Beer
Gazpacho - The Kitchen Trials
Turnip, Chinese Mushroom & Pork Soup - Be a Wok Star